Hair Cuttery Janaf Shopping Center
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
save 10% on your next service by signing up for email
Must opt-in to email messaging using the "Sign Up" button below to receive your unique code.
Mention code "A20". Limit one offer per guest, single visit. Valid for a single service only. Not combinable with any other offer. Excludes value packages and gift card purchases. Only in-salon. Redemption is valid through 12/31/23.
10% off your first color service
Get 10% off your first color service at Hair Cuttery. Single color services start at $61.
Mention code "A4". Limited one offer per guest. Valid Mon - Thurs only. Not combinable with any other service offer. Not valid for the purchase of gift cards or value packages. Offer only available in-salon. Valid through 12/31/23.
10% off products & services for seniors
Seniors 65+ Save 10% on products & services at Hair Cuttery salons, Monday through Wednesday from 9:00am - 9:00pm ET
Mention Code "A3". Limit one per guest. Only valid Mon - Weds. No two offers may be applied to any single line item. Not valid for the purchase of gift cards. Offer only available in-salon. Valid through 12/31/2023.
Check out these looks from our Guests and share yours!
Shop cibu® and CBD products at mycibu.com
What people are saying about Hair Cuttery
Janaf Shopping Center
- 7/26/22Great Service! I was a walk in...and everyone there greeted me pleasantly. I was not serviced immediately, but I left for a bit and returned. I really didn't mind. After all, they did appear to be pretty short handed, so I appreciated being seen. The shop was very clean and comfortable. I was serviced by "Connie" who was very friendly and gave me a really nice trim. Thanks, Connie😊. I would definitely return for future services, and I would recommend them to others!Response from HairCuttery • 7/27/22Hi Doreen J., Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with hair cuttery. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that! We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team. Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure. We’ll see you again soon! Hair Cuttery Team
- 5/7/22The customer service at the Norfolk, Virginia location was horrible. My appointment was booked for 2:05pm and Juanita did not get to me until 3:30pm. While myself and another customer were patiently waiting for her, instead of her apologizing for the delay and thanking us for our patience she decided to make disparaging comments saying “customers just need to be patient” and went on to go through a list of excuses for the delay. Although these comments were indirect, it was just inappropriate to be saying how she believe customers should behave towards late service when she knew she had customers waiting. When I realized that she was unappreciative of my patience, I proceeded to ask her when would she get to me. She stated “soon” and murmured comments under her breath. She then asked her co-worker who just came in if she could do my hair and the lady replied she had an appointment in a few minutes. A couple minutes later the co-worker said she could do it and I replied “no” because I didn’t want to inconvenience her and I’m particular with who does my hair. Next, another co-worker starts to make the same remarks about people need to be patient and their just gonna have to wait. Later, Juanita finally gets to the customer that was before me and walks over to put the cape on me. While she was putting the cape on me the other coworker says “you need to get to Ms. Connie first” and Juanita said “I am I was just putting her (referring to me) cape on”. Finally Juanita gets to me and while rinsing my treatment out she started to lift my head to get to the back. I was helping her lift my head and she implied that I was trying to get her wet. I did not want her to think that I was intentionally trying to get her wet so I was trying to explain to her that I thought she was lifting my head and she took it as me being rude and implied that I had an attitude. We move to the chair so that she could blow dry my hair, but instead of her blow drying it she decided to confront me about having an attitude. I explained to her how her comments earlier were rude. After voicing my concerns, she told me I was being disrespectful to her and tried to argue with me but I told her that I did not want to have the conversation. She tried to continue arguing instead of blow drying my hair and I told her she was wasting more of my time. She left my hair wet for a period of time to go the front desk. She came back with a paper and pen and told me to write down my information because she was going to report me to her director. I did not feel comfortable doing that because I did not want her to try to tarnish my name. She finally started to blow dry my hair without heat protectant and then a quarter of the way through she added heat protectant. A few minutes into the blow dry she stopped again to ask me for my name and I refused again. Next, she said it was her job to report when a customer is unhappy and that she was not going to charge me for the service. I thought that the customer reaches out to file a complaint, not the employee pressuring to do it for the customer. In addition, they already had my information in the system when they booked me and she even said my name. Furthermore, her doing this was prolonging my service. At 5:30 pm she finished blow drying my hair and put it in a ponytail and told me she was not going to finish my service.Response from HairCuttery • 5/10/22Hi Nia, D, We’re sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. We are committed to providing great customer service and we would like to make things right. We'd love the chance to get more info from you to better improve your next visit with us!If you would like to speak to someone about your experience, If you'd like to let us know how we can turn this into a 5 star rating for your next visit, submit a contact form at https://haircuttery.com/about-us/contact-us.html
Hair Cuttery Team
- 4/29/22I have been to Hair Cuttery numbeous of time Jermaine my Stylist is wonderful she knows what I need and have a wonderful attitude ..Response from HairCuttery • 5/2/22Hi Patricia, Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with hair cuttery. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that! We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team. Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure. We’ll see you again soon!
Hair Cuttery Team
- 3/25/22Paid with tip over 100 dollars for just wash and cut. Is this normal I feel like I was just ripped off. But the lady did a good job not for cut and wash who do I callResponse from HairCuttery • 3/25/22Hello Jeanette my name is Sandra Causey, I am the District Leader for this location. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org i want to help. Thanks
- 3/22/22I've been here a few times. My 'do is easy. Put the Number 2 guard on the clippers and mow, square up the back, and whack the odd old-man hair. They are reasonably friendly and have got it right every time.Response from HairCuttery • 3/22/22Hi Rich J, Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with hair cuttery. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that! We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team. Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure. We’ll see you again soon! Hair Cuttery Team
- 1/8/22I enjoy coming to this store however, I have yet to receive a decent hair cut. For the money I pay out, it's not what I expect in a haircut. I like the service though.... the employee's are very nice.Response from HairCuttery • 1/10/22Hi Vivian, We’re so sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. We'd love the chance to get more info from you to better improve your next visit with us! If you would like to speak to someone about your experience, please call Rebekah (804) 592-2874.
Hair Cuttery Team.
- 12/29/21Older white lady over charged my daughter for wash set and did not use heat protector at all.Response from HairCuttery • 1/3/22Hi Princess K, We’re sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. We are committed to providing great customer service and we would like to make things right. We'd love the chance to get more info from you to better improve your next visit with us!If you would like to speak to someone about your experience, please call Rebekah (804) 592-2874.
Hair Cuttery Team.
- 12/6/21Very good experience. I had been looking for a new stylist. This is the second time I've seen Deonda, and I'm very pleased with the haircuts she gives me. Clean, attractive facility and friendly atmosphere.Response from HairCuttery • 12/7/21Hi Alice B., Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with hair cuttery. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that! We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team. Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure. We’ll see you again soon! Hair Cuttery Team.
- 9/10/21Dee Jenkins takes really great care of my hair! I’m natural and since going to her, my hair is now healthy and growing.Response from HairCuttery • 9/13/21Hello, Shawnta E, we appreciate your feedback ! We aim to make our Guests’ day every time they walk through our doors. Please come back and see us again soon!
- 1/23/21Excellent Customer Service from Dee my hair feel and look great. Dee is very professional and I will be going back to her in a few weeks.Response from HairCuttery • 1/25/21Hi Zaneta B., we love our salon professionals! Thanks for leaving this wonderful feedback for your stylist. We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team.
- 12/15/20Lousy service, lousy style, and not worth the triple-digit price for a disappointing experience. The person that checked me in treated me rudely and that was a sign to exit the location. No, I decided to ignore her and stay and wasted my time and my money.Response from HairCuttery • 1/22/21Hi Adrienne L, Adrienne L, thanks for sharing this feedback! My name is Sandra Causey, I am the District Leader for this location. I apologize for your not so enjoyable experience in our salon. Feel free to email me at Scausey@haircuttery.com, I would love to see what we can do to get a better understanding and make this right!
- 11/14/20Horrified!!!! That is the only word that I can come up with for the atrocious haircut I just received. I explained in detail how I wanted my bangs They were cut almost 3in too short they are now at the top of my forehead. I will never ever go back to this Hair Cuttery again. You are showing poor decision-making especially being under new ownershipResponse from HairCuttery • 1/29/21Hi Pam B, Pam B, we appreciate your feedback ! We aim to make our Guests’ day every time they walk through our doors. I apologize for you experience, my name is Sandra Causey and I would love to see what we can do to put a smile back on your face. My email information is Scausey@haircuttery.com
- 11/1/20Horrible customer service
- 3/7/20Germaine is an excellent master stylist. I call her “Miracle Hands” my hair is always on point and she is an amazing hair cutter. I also like the products she recommends for my hair. I have been letting her do my hair for years and she also done my mom hair and niece’s hair . I love her she definitely deserves a raise.
- 1/20/19Trenita was waiting for me when I arrived for my appointment. She did an excellent job of coloring my hair. She gave me a trim.
- 8/8/18On, 8/5/18, I went to get a hair cut. I entered the shop and was checked in within a few min. There were 3 other people waiting for a hair cut. I knew there would be a little bit of a wait. The other people that were waiting got their haircut and paid and left. I was still waiting. One of the shop workers sat down, one of them swept the entire shop and the other one started cleaning clippers and her station. The elderly gentleman that was cutting a young mans hair, came over and looked at the computer and told me that someone would be with me. Keep in mind he had another woman waiting on him. The manager, I believe, told the other 2 stylists that she wasn't doing it because she had a blowout to finish. The other 2 stylists kept commenting on 2 dollar tips. I waited a total of 47 minutes and walked out with no hair cut. I was offended and was treated so rudely. Little do they realize that I am a very good tipper. The first time I came I tipped over 50% of my total bill. I was appalled at the lack of customer service and the level of rudeness that I was treated with. This is completely unacceptable. I am not sure what the problem was with cutting my hair, however, I waited patiently and smiled at all of the workers, while I waited and they ignored me. My money and tips are green and I will spend it in a shop that treats me like a human being.
- 6/15/18Friendly staff
- 6/9/18Trenita did an excellent job of cutting my hair. The staff spoke when I walked in to the salon.
About Hair Cuttery
Discover the ultimate hair transformation at Hair Cuttery in Norfolk, VA. Our skilled hairstylists are committed to delivering salon services that cater to your unique style and preferences. Convenience, care, and quality-focused, we use premium products to keep your hair healthy and radiant. Visit us at 5900 E Virginia Beach Blvd in Norfolk, – where your confidence and style are our top priorities.
At Hair Cuttery, we're more than just a salon; we're your lifelong partners in confidence and style. From your first childhood haircut to your adult style choices, we provide convenient, exceptional salon experiences. Our skilled professionals are dedicated to helping you look and feel your best, whether it's for a special occasion or a confidence boost.
Book your appointment today and step into a world of beauty and self-expression. For more information, visit www.haircuttery.com. Elevate your experience further by downloading our app for unbeatable offers and seamless booking.