Hair Cuttery Staples Mill Plaza
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
save 10% on your next service by signing up for email
Must opt-in to email messaging using the "Sign Up" button below to receive your unique code.
Mention code "A20". Limit one offer per guest, single visit. Valid for a single service only. Not combinable with any other offer. Excludes value packages and gift card purchases. Only in-salon. Redemption is valid through 12/31/23.
10% off your first color service
Get 10% off your first color service at Hair Cuttery. Single color services start at $61.
Mention code "A4". Limited one offer per guest. Valid Mon - Thurs only. Not combinable with any other service offer. Not valid for the purchase of gift cards or value packages. Offer only available in-salon. Valid through 12/31/23.
10% off products & services for seniors
Seniors 65+ Save 10% on products & services at Hair Cuttery salons, Monday through Wednesday from 9:00am - 9:00pm ET
Mention Code "A3". Limit one per guest. Only valid Mon - Weds. No two offers may be applied to any single line item. Not valid for the purchase of gift cards. Offer only available in-salon. Valid through 12/31/2023.
Check out these looks from our Guests and share yours!
Shop cibu® and CBD products at mycibu.com
What people are saying about Hair Cuttery
Staples Mill Plaza
- 12/31/22Rita is the first stylist in 2 years that has cut my hair exactly the way I asked without any issues. I originally was scheduled with another stylist at a different location who had a family emergency and Rita was able to fit me into her schedule. I am so thankful because I am overjoyed with my haircut and she is wonderful. I will definitely be coming back. Excellent customer service!Response from HairCuttery • 1/3/23Hi Emily S., Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback on Hair Cuttery. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that! We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team. Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure. We’ll see you again soon!
Hair Cuttery Team.
- 12/14/22Kim the MGR.IS AWESOME..I just moved back here 2 years ago and Kim is My Go to for a great Cut.. The shop is always clean and neat and the crew is so nice and very Professional... She also does my Wife's Hair and I love it ..Thank You Kim and Crew...Response from HairCuttery • 12/16/22Hi Larry B, We're so glad to hear that you've had a great experience with our team! We work hard to provide every one of our guests with the best possible service. We hope you'll continue to visit us for all your hair care needs! We look forward to serving you again soon!
Hair Cuttery team.
- 12/13/22Don’t ever go here!!!!!! I went in to get foiled blonde highlights. My hair was already blonde and I just needed my roots highlighted. The lady took the bleach and foiled the hair with the bleach that was already blonde and didn’t touch the roots at all. I was like umm this isn’t how you do it and she was like I’m getting rid of the demarcation line. Which you can’t do unless you actually bleach the roots to touch up my new growth. She didn’t touch the roots at all until she got me to the rinse bowl then I could feel her slathering bleach on the roots. It came out so messed up. For starters you never go all the way down the hair with bleach that is already blonde. You foil and highlight the roots and bring the bleach down just a bit over the blonde that already existed. She admitted she messed up and then told me it was my fault bc I went next door while my hair was processing to buy a phone charger. She tried to tell me I who has been getting their hair done professionally for 21 years that going outside messes up the bleach. That is emphatically not true. And when I told her I wasn’t happy and my hair looked really bad snd my roots were orange she admitted it was messed up. I told her there was no way I was paying for this and she said that was fine. She expressed that she normally doesn’t do hair like mine which I assumed she meant Caucasian hair that was blonde. If she would have left it at that I would have cut my losses but then she started attacking me personally. I never met this women until today and was telling her about different things going on in my life while she was putting the bleach on the wrong part of my hair. Afterwards she started insulting me personally. I had told her my regular hair girl is on maternity leave and she stated she keeps having babies so she doesn’t have to do my hair and that she probably wants to stay away from me. She also said she hopes my house falls apart and that my husband was fat and worst of all she yelled out several times in front of other staff and her manager that I was on drugs. For the record I don’t do drugs I am an educated professional. She yelled it in front of the manager who did nothing while she hurled insults at me. I have never in my life been treated so bad and had a manager stand by and let that happen. It was as if the manager was scared of her. I wasn’t rude or mean to her although I did express that she messed my hair up really badly. I definitely didn’t hurl personal insults at her. The worst I said was if you have been doing hair for 20 years no wonder you still work in a place like this. How unprofessional can someone be that does this with their manager standing by letting it happen. I called the other salons in the chain to try to get corporates number and they are supposed to call me. If I ever acted like that at my job I would be terminated immediately.Response from HairCuttery • 12/14/22Hi Amanda Smith, We’re sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies. We are committed to providing great customer service and we would like to make things right. We'd love the chance to get more info from you to improve your next visit with us better! If you would like to speak to someone about your experience, If you'd like to let us know how we can turn this into a 5-star rating for your next visit, submit a contact form at https://haircuttery.com/about-us/contact-us.html
Hair Cuttery Team
- 4/9/22Heather did such an amazing job! A wash and blow dry for my 10 year old son who has super thick and long hair. She took her time and engaged him with the process. I would definitely come back if I need to! She was awesome!Response from HairCuttery • 4/11/22Hi Stephanie B., Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with hair cuttery. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that! We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team. Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure. We’ll see you again soon!
Hair Cuttery Team.
- 1/7/22Great customer serviceResponse from HairCuttery • 1/12/22Hi Gwen, We are thrilled to have you as part of the hair cuttery family! Thank you for sharing your kind words with us. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Hair cuttery team.
- 10/27/21Lisa Marie looked at the picture I brought for inspiration and gave me a perfect haircut! And I know from personal experience that it takes skills to cut short hair!Response from HairCuttery • 10/28/21Hi Charlie Goeller, Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with hair cuttery Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that. We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team. Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure. Well see you again soon. Hair Cuttery Team.
- 9/1/21I went there to get a cut, shampoo/conditioning, and curtain bangs. My friend had went there many times and got curtain bangs, but the stylist told me that it didn't exist. Then they proceeded to give me a cut and the back looked horrid. Also gave me layers (that I didn't want) and made me pay extra. Never going back.Response from HairCuttery • 9/13/21Anonymous A., we’re so sorry we didn’t meet your expectations during your visit. It is always our intention to provide an enjoyable salon experience for every Guest. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help rectify the situation with the salon.
- 8/20/21Very bad experience on 8/19. Went in for appointment. They told me to wait in car. 15 min later, I went back in to see what was going on. The woman at the front desk said "she forgot I was out there." She also said the hair stylist was not in yet even though I had scheduled appointment 15 min ago. She and the other woman didnt do anything to assist. No one was working at this place and they were just counting money instead of trying to help the situation. This place has so many problems. Will never return. Management does not seem to care with all these bad reviews.Response from HairCuttery • 8/23/21Gabi W, thank you for your feedback. Our salon professionals are expected to deliver an enjoyable salon experience for every Guest during every appointment. We’re sorry this wasn’t your experience. Please give us another chance to make it up to you. Feel free to contact us at https://haircuttery.com/about-us/contact-us.html with details about your visit and we will look into the issue. If you'd like to speak to us directly regarding this matter please call us at (804) 672-9756
- 7/27/21stylist was nice but she sais some things I didn't care for, worse she totally ignored my words, the photos I brought and gave me a cut I am in no way able to manage so my hair is basically ruined. I feel like giving myself a buzz cut. Won't be going back.Response from HairCuttery • 7/27/21When was you in this location to get your hair done? We would like to research your appointment and make it right for you. If you'd like to speak to us directly regarding this matter please call us at (804) 672-9756
- 7/22/21Dirty salon and rude stylists. GhettoResponse from HairCuttery • 7/26/21If you'd like to speak to us directly regarding this matter please call us at (804) 672-9756
- 7/20/21The managers in that salon are rude and entitled. My favorite stylist I followed from a previous location, Hannah, just left and nobody will tell me where she is not to mention they were very mean to me about it. Hannah always made that salon bright and cheery and I am sad to see her go. Now that she is gone I will not be returning especially how one of the managers so rudely spoke to me. The salon also is always having problem I went in once and the ceiling was leaking another the bathroom was not workingResponse from HairCuttery • 7/20/21Uju,W, thanks for giving us this review. We'd love the chance to get more info from you to better improve your next visit with us! Please contact us at https://haircuttery.com/about-us/contact-us.html
- 4/26/21Lisa Marie took great care of me and my hair! She was very knowledgeable about what your hair needs, looking forward to having a new hair stylist!Response from HairCuttery • 4/27/21Lisa R, we love our salon professionals! Thanks for leaving this wonderful feedback for your stylist. We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team.
- 12/22/20Terrible place, i made an appointment for my daughter’s haircut and they move it to one hour and a half latter but they did not call me do let me know. I was there at 10:00 and they just told me that the app was at 11:30. Seriously? What they even bother to make appointment?Response from HairCuttery • 12/31/20Hi A. Martinez, Hello A. Martinez, Hello A. Martinez, we apologize for the appointment you experienced at our Richmond location, please reach out to Rebekah at email@example.com , I would like to make this better for you.
- 12/4/20I live in Charlottesville but drive to Richmond every two months for Lisa to cut and color my hair. She is a great colorist, and always takes her time to give me the perfect color and cut. It’s worth the drive for the best experience!Response from HairCuttery • 1/6/21Hi Cynthia W., We love our salon professionals! Thanks for leaving this wonderful feedback. We’ll make sure to share your comments with the team.
- 11/8/20Very unprofessional salon. Receptionist scheduled an appointment for client with hairstylist. On the day of the appt like 30 minutes before the appt.
Hairstylist calls to say "She's booked up and it's only her and another stylist in the salon. Both are booked up for that day. Why did she not have her appointments in the system so the receptionist could see them because I would not have been scheduled in the beginning. I won't ever use their services. I will tell everybody how unprofessional their establishment is.Response from HairCuttery • 11/9/20We are very sorry for your experience in our location , we would love to offer you a complementary service as an opportunity to make it up to you . Please call Rebekah Jenkins 540-498-3380
- 9/5/20Moni is an excellent stylist, always makes my hair look fab! Such a sweet person too!
- 8/22/20Nina was wonderful, my hair was dry and damaged she recommended a treatment and when I left my hair was soft, shiny and beautiful. I made my two week appointment already.
- 7/20/20My appointment was for 8:45am it was after 9am before I got called in and it was after 12:30 pm when I left. This was a cut, hi-lights and then come to find out after I got home my shirt and been bleached I will assume by the products used in my hair for the hi-light and toner. Very disappointed in this service. I understand that COVID has everything out of wack and this facility was very busy. It was almost like my stylist was the slowest and not really interested in doing my hair. After paying $132.00 for my hair and a $15 tip I cannot really tell I have hi-lights in my hair.
- 6/28/20I booked an appointment with Rachelle for Thursday, June 25, 4:30 p.m. I was not able to receive service at that time because Rachelle was not able to reach me to confirm my appointment and she was due to leave. I rebooked for Saturday, June 27 at 4:00 p.m. When I arrived at 4:00 p.m., I was told that I was 15 minutes late and she had another appointment in 30 minutes. She would not be able to serve me, because she had to leave by 5:00 p.m. Consequently I didn't receive service on this day either. I was greatly disappointed at the lack of service offered to me.
- 1/23/20I got the worst haircut..i paid for shampoo.cut blow dry and got a dry cut and no sryling.i want a refund ..i had to tell her to cut top.it looks horrid ty for ruining my hair..23.oo for what..NOTHING.MY HAIR IS SO UGLY.
About Hair Cuttery
Discover the ultimate hair transformation at Hair Cuttery in Richmond, VA. Our skilled hairstylists are committed to delivering salon services that cater to your unique style and preferences. Convenience, care, and quality-focused, we use premium products to keep your hair healthy and radiant. Visit us at 9193 Staples Mill Rd in Richmond, – where your confidence and style are our top priorities.
At Hair Cuttery, we're more than just a salon; we're your lifelong partners in confidence and style. From your first childhood haircut to your adult style choices, we provide convenient, exceptional salon experiences. Our skilled professionals are dedicated to helping you look and feel your best, whether it's for a special occasion or a confidence boost.
Book your appointment today and step into a world of beauty and self-expression. For more information, visit www.haircuttery.com. Elevate your experience further by downloading our app for unbeatable offers and seamless booking.